Monday, June 18, 2012

6.13 on 6/13!

So I am finally getting around to blogging about Brady's arrival.  I have so many pictures to add, I will probably have to break it up in a couple of posts.  So, Wednesday, the 13th, I was actually scheduled for an induction, but with the arrival of the thunderstorm, I was cancelled Tuesday night.  I was not surprised in the least or disappointed, because I knew that since I was #4 on the list, and with the storm, L&D would be super busy.  I also really wanted to go into labor on my own, just like I had with Avery, but if it came down to it, an induction would be fine with me too.

With the storm on Tuesday, we immediately lost power.  This made me pretty nervous, especially since I could feel I was starting to contract and it was beginning to get warm in the house.  Plus, I really didn't want to try to pack everything up in complete darkness to head into the hospital.  So, our great friends, Steph and Larry invited us to spend the night at their house.  I am so glad we did, because I think I contracted ALL night.  They weren't close enough to go to the hospital, but just enough to keep me awake and uncomfortable.  I would have never guessed that I would be laboring at Steph's house!  At about 6:00 that morning, I told Brian that he should probably tell work that he wasn't coming in, and about 11:00 am I decided I needed to go to the hospital.  I was extremely worried that due to the storm, all the preggos in the woodlands would be in labor, the rooms would be full, and I wouldn't get my epidural!  Thankfully, I got one of the last available rooms at the time. 

I got my IV started around 1:00pm, and my doctor quickly broke my bag of water.  At that time, I was 5/90/-1.  Thankfully, I was able to get my epidural very soom after that.  From that point on, I progressed pretty well on my own, and delivered our sweet Brady at 4:04 pm.  He weighed 6lbs 13oz on 6/13/12! How cool is that?  See, I didn't even need that induction after all :)  And by coincidence, I was 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant when I had Brady, which was exactly how far along I was when I delivered Avery.  Although, Avery weighed in a little more at 7 lbs 9 oz.

Ok, well enough blabbing, I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking....

Ready for my room in triage




I'm ready!
















More pics to come...

1 comment:

  1. You are the most beautiful laboring woman I have ever seen! Congrats on Baby Brady!

    ReplyDelete