Monday, December 26, 2011

My Sweet Papa

This past Tuesday, December 20th, 2011, my sweet Papa passed away. Although he was a young 89 years old, his passing was very sudden, and took all of us by surprise. I don't think any of us were really prepared to give him up quite yet. I am very comforted to know that he was never sick, in a hospital, and lead a very active life down to his very last day.

This picture was taken on my wedding day

My Meme and Papa, Christmas 2010

Meme and Papa with all of the grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and one great-great-grandson

This was taken at my cousin Jennifer's wedding this past October

this past Thanksgiving...I love how he is holding hands with my Meme. This coming February, they would have been married for 60 years. What awesome role models we have!

Thankfully, the entire family had gotten together for a Klodzinski Christmas celebration this past Saturday. Papa was in great spirits, and got to visit and talk to so many family members. I am so glad I have such great memories of him. He was an awesome father and grandfather, and served as such an important role model to so many of us. His Rosary took place on Friday night, with the funeral on Saturday morning. His online obituary is posted HERE. I may be a bit biased, but his funeral was the most beautiful I had ever attended. He had a Catholic mass, where the entire church was decorated with poinsettia's for the Christmas mass that night. At graveside, taps was played in honor of his service in WW2. What a beautiful and special memory I will remember always.

Although this Christmas was certainly very different than any I have ever experienced, at what an amazing and joyful time to enter into Heaven. I know Papa had one grand Christmas celebration with Jesus himself!

I know I already posted this on FB, but thank you for everyone's kind words and prayers for my family. We will all miss my Papa so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment