Monday, November 5, 2012

So thankful

So yesterday, I had the biggest scare of my life, and this morning I am extremely thankful to have 2 healthy, beautiful children.  Anyways, last night, as I was getting into bed, I heard Brady crying and what sounded like choking on the monitor.  When I went into his room, there was vomit ALL over his bed and himself.  I picked him up, and called for Brian to help me with his crib sheets while I got him into the bath.  All during the bath, my poor baby just wasn't himself, he was pale and sooo quite.  As I dressed him, he was still pale and a little more limp.  He think started to vomit more, and each time he looked a little worse. 

I carried him into my room, and decided to call the on-call pedi.  I was really worried that maybe he had aspirated something when he threw-up the first time.  While I was waiting on a call back, I decided to call Tillie, and have her come over to stay with Avery who was already asleep, so we could take Brady to the ER, I really just didn't like the way he was looking.  Even on the way to the ER, he kept retching, and his breathing was very shallow and fast.  I have NEVER been this scared with either one of my kiddos. 

By the time we got to the ER, I could get him to respond, but he was still so limp.  After handing him over to the nurses, it was decided that everytime he vomitted, he was having a vagal response, (kinda like passing out) with small periods of apnea.  It was so scary to see my little baby doing it!  Thankfully, we were able to get some zofran into him, and about 30 min later, he was sooo much better.  I was never so happy to hear him cry and wiggle around.  As a result, we ended up staying in the ER for observation for awhile, had a clear abdominal x-ray, and were discharged this morning.  We're really not sure if it was a virus, or a result of the cereal he had last night (he has had it a few times already).  But anyhow, I am soaking up all of his sweet smiles today.


Here are a few pics of my little trouble-maker earlier in the day


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! How incredibly scary! So lucky he wasn't choking on something!

    ReplyDelete