Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WHNP-BC!

On Monday I took my board exam with the NCC, and I PASSED!!!!  I am now a board certified women's health NP!  What a huge relief to know that I am done! Whew!

I was sooo nervous to take my exam, the last few weeks have been pretty tough.  I barely slept on Sunday night, but made it through the exam ok.  When I finished the computer test, it directed me toward the proctor, who would have my results waiting for me on the printer.  That guy probably thought I was a spaz, bc my hands were shaking so bad.  When I flipped the paper over, I starting crying I was so happy.  I don't know when I turned into such a mush, lol. 

I am just waiting on my license, then I will apply with the Texas Board of Nursing for perscriptive authority, which is another lenthy process in itself.  Good thing I am busy being a stay at home mom, and not rushing out to find a job!


And had to post a pic of these two beauties, which I picked up yesterday.  The TWU one was actually still in the packaging tube from when I received it 8 years ago!  The guy at Micheals said that was pretty commom....  Hopefully within the next few months I will have an office where I can display them!

~Jill Ash RN, WHNP-BC :)


1 comment:

  1. Big CONGRATS Jill!!! That is absolutely amazing & such a wonderful accomplishment! Enjoy your break :)

    ReplyDelete