Saturday, February 28, 2009

Battling the Flu

It has been quite a week for the Ash family. Recovering from Avery's party on Saturday, we had been relaxing and trying to lay low. On Tuesday, we found out that Brian's grandmother, Nenaw had passed away. She had just recently moved to an assisted-living facility and had a very bad fall. She was 88 years old and lived a very full and wonderful life. We know that she will always be watching over us all.

Here is a pic of both my Meme and Nenaw on Mother's Day last year.

Avery woke us up on thursday, the day of Nenaw's funeral, throwing up. It was so sad, because I don't think she had really thrown up before. I think it kind of scared her. She really only got sick twice, but that was enough. Brian was calling her his little slimmer.....he always has his own nickname for her. The rest of the day, she did pretty well, she stayed with Mandy while Brian and I went to Nenaw's funeral. She even threw a little fit when I went to pick her up, because she was playing with Ryan outside. She loves her Bubba. The rest of the evening she just seemed herself...but with a little more attitude.

On Friday, she woke up with a horrible fever and was very needy all day. I feel so helpless, she just wants to lay on us, which isn't really like her. I have just been treating the symptoms so far with Motrin and Tylenol. She hasn't had a cough or runny nose yet, so maybe this will just be a watered down version of the flu, since she did get a flu shot. She now has some pretty nasty diarrhea, so hopefully that will be over soon. Both Ryan and Reagan have had it within the last couple of weeks, so I am assuming this is where is came from, but you never know, it seems like everyone we know has had it lately.

She is not very happy in this pic....

I told her to smile here...

A little happier here...she is watching Baby Einstein.

Friday night I was scheduled to work at St. Joseph, and was so nervous about leaving my sick baby at home, but I was so proud of Brian. I had kept my phone on me all night, but I never got one call! Brian said she went to bed like normal, and slept all night. Such a great dad. All that worrying for nothing...I am so glad. We were supposed to go to Avery's friend, Hank's first BDay party, but she definitley wasn't up to it. I was a little disappointed, I was looking forward to it. I sure hope this will be over soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ya'll have had a rough week...I am sorry to hear about Brian's grandmother. And poor little Avery! Sounds like the stomach flu...Colter had it during Halloween and then he passed it to me...that was the first time I had been sick taking care of a sick baby...horrible! I hope ya'll have a better week...