Monday, February 23, 2009

Giddy-up Birthday Girl!

On Saturday we celebrated Avery's 1st birthday with a cowgirl themed party. It was so much fun! I would have never thought that it would have been so much work, but I think it was worth it. By Saturday night, the entire family was exhausted. To complete the theme, we had pony rides in the front yard. I think the majority of the kiddos really enjoyed them. The Birthday girl loved them! She rode quite a few times. She kept trying to pet them, and clapped her hands when she got really excited. I was a little worried that she might be scared, but she rode like a champ.

I have been looking for the last couple of weeks for a really cute western outfit for her Bday, but had a really hard time finding something. I finally found this denim dress and Macy's, which I blinged out with rhinestones. I am pretty proud at myself, it turned out pretty nice. Now I know why anything with rhinestones is so darn expensive, it is sooo time consuming. I had to work on it for two nights last week after work. I think it payed of though.

I was really nervous about the weather on Saturday. I prayed and prayed for nice weather. Brian and I almost had a nervous breakdown when we saw a huge thunderstorm in the distance. Thankfully, it moved through pretty quickly, and only got some of the decor wet. I was sooo thankful it turned out so nice. My prayers were answered! We really had a great turnout, so many of our friends and family were able to make it. It was so great getting to visit with everyone and watching all of the kiddos playing together.

I think her cakes really turned out great. I used a lady that Kristal always uses and she made some beautiful cakes! They were pretty yummy too! Avery really wasn't into the whole smashing cake all over her face thing. She was a little unsure of what to do with it. When we finally put her hands in it, she just tried to shake them off, Oh well. She just kept beating the cake. It was really cute though.



Avery got soooo many cute, new things. I am loving all of her cute spring/summer clothes! It is so much fun having a little girl! We have been slowly opening up her new toys, but there are so many. Our little girl is so blessed.


Brian and I got her a pink 4-wheeler for her birthday. We saw the green one at Noah's house and thought Avery might really like it. We were so excited when we put her on it, and she started laughing and clapping her hands. She can't really hold on and push the button at the same time, but she is beginning to get the hang of it. She will be going off-roading around Westwood in no time.


I took this pic the sunday morning after, she is going through all of her new clothes and toys...such a little girl!

Thank you to everyone who could make it, and helped to make our baby's first birthday so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment