Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Have I lost my mind?

Well, I just got back home after being out of town at a suture workshop for 6 nights in San Antonio! At the beginning of the week I was beginning to question my level of sanity for signing up for this class. I think my current schedule of grad school/RNFA training/pregnancy is beginning to catch up to me...... However, I passed the class, so that is a HUGE check off my list. I don't think I have blogged about this before, but in January, I began the online portion to begin to train to become a first assistant in surgery. I LOVE the OR, and can tell that I would miss it if I just saw patients in the office as a NP. So, this way, hopefully I will be able to assist whatever Dr's I am working for in the OR, and bill for my services :)
Our class consisted of 1/2 RN's and 1/2 NP's. There was even another NP student that was graduating in May too...see, maybe I'm not so crazy after all?
My simulation uterus

Brian did a great job holding down the fort while I was gone, although Avery's hair had probably seen better days....Before I left, I showed Avery how to Facetime me on the ipad, which she absolutely loved! It was so nice to be able to see her each night.

And by the way, I am completely loving my new iphone. I can't believe I didn't jump on this bandwagon years ago. Oh, Well! Anyways, hope everyone is enjoying their spring break! Although I am bummed to be working on school work, my countdown is dwindling down!

No comments:

Post a Comment