Monday, March 26, 2012

4 year check-up and 3rd trimester!

On Friday, after I finished with clinical in the morning, I took Avery for her 4 year old check-up at the pediatrician. I had heard some rumors about this visit being a little rough with the shots, so I decided to prepare her a little bit so she knew what to expect. She actually didn't seem to mind at all, and was excited when I picked her up from school. Maybe it's because I am in the medical field, but she seems to have no fear when it comes to all things medical. She actually seemed to enjoy the hearing and vision tests as well.

Here are her stats:
Height: 3' 6.25'' (90th percentile)
Weight: 35lbs (49th percentile)



She is doing so much these days, and is quite the little talker. I love it when she tells me in the car, "mom, lets talk about something." She is very excited about being a big sister, and I can't wait to see her in action. A couple of weeks ago she began writing her name really well. I need to take a pic of it and post it. Lately, she is really into doing her "homework" which is really a spiral notebook that she practices writing her words in. I wonder who she gets that from???

And on Saturday, I hit the 28th week in my pregnancy, AKA the 3rd trimester! I know I haven't been very good at blogging about this pregnancy so far, so maybe I can try to make up for it in my last trimester. I have been so swamped with everything going on. However, come June, I can't wait to spend the summer with my 2 kiddos!

How Far Along: 28weeks! Ready or not 3rd trimester here I come!

Size of baby: A large eggplant

Total Weight Gain: 16 pounds

Maternity Clothes: For the most part

Movement: This little guy has been moving like crazy lately. Avery has really been feeling him move a lot lately, which she thinks is so exciting. Usually, I feel him the most in the evenings when I am trying to relax a little.

Sleep: So far with this pregnancy, sleep has been a struggle. Not that I am that uncomfortable, but I think I just have too much going on lately. My mind just doesn't stop in the evenings, making it impossible to sleep! This is quite the opposite with Avery...I remember going to sleep at 7:00 with her!

What I miss: Sleep, and being able to make it more than 2 hours before going to the bathroom.

Cravings: This past week, I really wanted IHOP? It was pretty yummy though :)

Symptoms: I have been having a few random contractions throughout the day, but nothing worrisome. I have been trying to avoid the old "pregnancy brain", but it may be catching up to me.

Best Moment This Week: Having Avery hug on my belly, and kiss "Brady Boy" goodnight. BTW, this is what she began calling him for awhile now, all on her own.

What I'm looking forward to: Putting his room all together.

Milestones: "Our little miracle is growing and developing at an astonishing rate! Eyebrows and eyelashes are now present, and the hair on the head is growing. The eyelids open, and the eyes are completely formed. The body is getting plumper and rounder (weighs about 2 pounds) and is composed of around 2 to 3% body fat. Muscle tone is gradually improving. The lungs are capable of breathing air but if the baby is born now, it would struggle to properly breathe. Be sure to talk to your baby a lot because s/he can recognize your voice now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment