Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bad Blogger

Yes, so I realize it has been nearly two whole months since I have blogged....wow, I have been quite the slacker. Some how this entire summer has managed to slip by me. It has been a jam packed and emotional one. My summer semester was so packed with classes as well as clinical. I always find the summer classes a little more difficult since they are trying to cram so much into only 10 weeks.

I am going to do my best to do a quick re-cap of our summer in the next couple of posts. Hmm, lets see where I last left off. At the end of June we took a trip garner state park with our friends the Dixons. I went to nursing school with Tamara, and then we later worked together at St. Joe's together. It was nice to spend some time with them, since we don't get to see each other very much any more.

Sweet Noah and Avery



We had planned on staying 3 nights, but received a call from Brian's brother one morning that he had decided to take Brian's dad, Dennis, to the hospital. We knew he had been sick, but were not really sure what the next step would be. That morning, we packed up and headed back to the Woodlands, where Dennis had been admitted for a broken hip. From the moment we got back home, both of our families helped out tremendously as we shuttled back and forth between the hospital and home. Avery went back and forth between the 2 grandma's, Courtney and Shelbey, so I'm sure she didn't miss us very much :) Dennis had surgery initially on a fractured femur, but passed away from lung cancer in late June. It was a pretty rough few weeks as his condition deteriorated and later as we were planning the funeral.

Dennis Ash

Although, It was one of the hardest times I have been through in awhile, I feel so much closer to Brian and his brother, Scott. The funeral took place on July 3rd in Kingwood. Here is the where his obituary was posted online.

During this time, Avery stayed with both of our parents. I took these pics from my sister's blog, since I was in no mood for taking pictures. Somehow I managed to stay on top of all my school work, while helping Brian, going to clinical, and working sporadically.

I think she is showing off the puzzle she put together here.

The girls first bath together

Poor P



That is sooooo my daughter!


In July, we celebrated Kaitlyn's birthday party at my Aunt Donna and Uncle Daniel's house. Avery had so much fun playing with her cousin. I hope we get to spend even more time with her in the future.



Ryan and his sweet girl

No comments:

Post a Comment